Friday 30 October 2015

The result in St Austell Poltair

I have just got back from the Council offices in St Austell and I can report that MK’s Olie Allen polled 97 votes in the town council by-election.

The seat was won by long-term Poltair resident Andrea Lanxon for Labour. She has stood on many previous occasions, and I have to say I am very pleased for her.

The full result was as follows:

Labour - 246 (33%)
Conservative - 226 (30%)
Liberal Democrats - 166 (22%)
Olie Allen (MK) - 97 (13%)
TUSC - 13 (2%)

Olie is quite pleased with his first outing and, as I told him at the count, his share of the vote at 13% is exactly what I managed in my first election. I am very proud of the effort he has put in, and I am certainly looking forward to working with him for a long time to come.

No comments: