Thursday 10 December 2009

Support from independent councillors

I am very pleased to make it known that four well-known and respected independent councillors are backing my campaign to be first MP for the new St Austell and Newquay seat.


Des Curnow (St Stephen), Fred Greenslade (St Dennis), Harry Heywood (Newquay Treviglas) and John Wood (Roche) will today issue the following joint statement:

“We are proud to be Independent councillors and have no intention of endorsing any particular political party at the next General Election.

“We are however pleased to be able to offer our full support to Dick Cole as an individual in his bid to become the MP for St Austell and Newquay.

“In recent years, we have worked with Dick on Restormel Borough Council and, more recently, on Cornwall Council. He has always been an extremely committed and effective councillor, who fights hard for local people.

“It is our belief that he is the best candidate to represent our area in Westminster and would make an admirable, sincere and hard-working MP for Cornwall.”

I am most grateful for their kind support and I hope that I will be able to repay the trust that they have placed in me.

The above photograph shows me with (left to right) Fred Greenslade, Des Curnow, Harry Heywood and John Wood.

No comments: