Thursday 31 March 2016

MK to meet with BBC South West

A few months ago, on behalf of Mebyon Kernow – the Party for Cornwall, I wrote to the BBC to formally complain about the BBC’s coverage of MK in relation to the 2015 General Election campaign, as well as the historic under-representation of MK on regional television in the years prior to 2015.

I have chased this up in recent weeks and I can report that I have been invited to meet Leo Devine, the Head of BBC South West, to discuss our representations.

It will take place on 11 April, and I will update one and all with the outcome of the meeting.

1 comment:

Jori Ansell said...

I believe this is a very important meeting. Party election broadcasts and interviews are influential in close contests and should not favour the 'big' parties over others.