Monday 9 March 2015

In Caernarfon for the Plaid Cymru Spring Conference

It was a great pleasure to attend the Plaid Cymru Spring Conference at Caernarfon over the weekend.

I have been a member of Plaid for over 25 years – ever since I was a student at St David’s University College, Lampeter, where I was Secretary of the College’s Plaid Cymru branch for a couple of years.

Indeed, I took part in my first political debates when I was at Lampeter – twice representing the Party at hustings.

It was also so refreshing to hear a range of speakers – such as Party Leader Leanne Wood (below) and Arfon MP Hywel Williams (who kindly name-checked me from the stage) – who outlined a clear alternative to the failed politics of the Westminster parties.



I wish them all the best for the 2015. They have a team of outstanding individuals and I sincerely hope that they will be able to add to their present tally of three MPs. 

Wales need Plaid to be strong across the whole of Wales, just as the SNP is increasingly dominant across Scotland.

And here in Cornwall, we must do our utmost to emulate our Celtic cousins.

No comments: