Sunday 23 October 2016

I have been re-elected leader of Mebyon Kernow …


In recent months, a number of political parties have been caught up in leadership battles, but I can report that I have been re-elected leader of Mebyon Kernow without a formal contest.

MK has annual elections to fill the four posts in its leadership team and nominations for the position of leader closed on 5th October.

It was confirmed at our National Executive meeting on Friday (21st October) that I was the only nominee and thereby re-elected unopposed.

I believe that I am one of the longest serving political leaders in Britain, having been first elected the leader of Party for Cornwall in 1997.

And as you will see from the above photograph, I looked a lot different back then – dark hair and all!

The other three members of the MK leadership team were also elected unopposed. These were as follows:

Deputy Leader – Cllr Loveday Jenkin
Treasurer - Cllr Andrew Long
Party Development Officer - Cllr Michael Bunney

No comments: