Thursday 1 August 2013

BBC’s Any Questions

A few months ago, I was contacted by the BBC. I was delighted to receive an invitation to be a panellist on their Any Questions radio show – the first time that a Mebyon Kernow representative would appear on the show.

I was pencilled in for the recent debate (Friday 28th July) which took place at St Endellion.

Sadly for me, the BBC took a decision to adjust the guests on that particular show and I was told that I could not be fitted in. But I have been promised that I will be on the panel when the show is next in Cornwall, which could be in six-nine months.

I did listen to the debate – between Roy Hattersley, Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg, Philip Collins (who writes for the Times and previously wrote speeches for Tony Blair) and novelist Jessica Mann – and it was frustrating to be unable to comment on a range of topics close to my heart, such as housing, economic development, and ethical investment.

However, I will be doing the Friday evening politics slot on Radio Cornwall. I will be on about 5.40.

1 comment:

craig weatherhill said...

Not surprising that you should be shunted out at a late moment. While on Radio anywhere but Cornwall, do take them to task for their incessant County...county...county...England...England...England.